The 2016 Hartford City Spring clean up will be curbside pick up. It will be starting on April 11 and ending on April 15.
City employees will be picking up spring clean up items at your curb free of charge on your regular scheduled day. Hartford City Sanitation Department is asking that
- All loose items be put in container not to exceed 35 pounds
- Put metal into a separate pile
- Do not put televisions and electronics out with trash - pleasecall for pick up on these items - call 348-3363 to notify us of pick up, if needed - televisions and electronics cannot go to land fill
- Have trash and items to be picked up at your curb by 7 a.m. the day of your pick up
- Place items as close to the street and unobstructed as law allows - this will keep the sanitation crew safe as they place items in the truck.
list of items that CANNOT be picked up include:
- containers that still contain liquid in them - such as paint cans, pesticides and herbicides - to name a few
- hazardous materials or items
- no tires
- no concrete or heavy debris
- no large amounts of construction debris, loose or in a container.